Tuesday 24 May 2016

Introduction

This blog is a report on the resort of Parga as it was experienced on my holiday in September of 2007 and subsequent visits since. It will be updated on a irregular basis. Please be aware that opinions are purely personal and it's entirely possible that you may love a Tavena that I don't like much and similarly may hate one I love. I hope you enjoy Parga as much as I do - it's a wonderful place!
I have returned to Parga many times since and will continue to do so over the years to come, and so I will continue to add reviews of other Tavernas, Bars and Restaurants while there. Hence, note that the dates on each post are not the original ones, but are altered to keep posts in a more consistant order - I will add the review date to the bottom of each post and check any comments as I may use these to add or change details. One day I will get around to transferring this to a proper website, but the blog format is too easy at the moment.
Feel free to add comments of your own to any of the posts and please send me an email if you have any questions.

6 comments:

Satriani said...

Excellent info. Greedy (think it's Dave). It would be good for Parga.Com newbies but i'm sure some people would object to the individual business plugging when others are not (yet) included.

GreedyGreen said...

Thanks for the comment (Yes it is Dave). Hopefully anyone reading this or any of my blogs is accepting it is just my personal opinion and certainly not meant to be an all inclusive guide to Parga. I can't mention every bar and Taverna (I haven't been even close to visiting every bar :) ), but just like any guide, I can only comment on those I have visited. Even Lonely Planet and the Blue Guide only ever mention a few bars and tavernas in each place.
Also there are some businesses that might not want a mention! I'm not complimentary about all of them.

Neil said...

Fantastic blog Dave. Thanks for all the great info and photos. This guide is as good, no better than anything I've seen before on Parga. I'll definately be taking some notes for when I go in May 2010. You say you've been before in May Dave, what's the general weather like in your experience?
....As for Satriani, what are they expecting, for you to stay all Summer and write a "Doomsday book" on the place!
Good work anyway Dave and if your there this May, maybe we'll bump into you and have a cold pint of Mythos!

GreedyGreen said...

Thanks Neil, unfortunately I've only just noticed your comment having returned from Parga this weekend. if you were there last week the weather was glorious. Hope you have (or have had) a great time.

lefkada blogger said...

Very good information about Parga, excellent blog! It would be very helpful if I had found it before my travel. Unfortunately I had to find everything myself, that's true that Lonely Planet and other sites doesn't have plenty of information. I wonder why you didn't mention the Lichnos Beach in your blog, it's a wonderful place and they have a very nice hotel, I don't know if you heard about it, but I spent there 2 weeks, while discovering Parga... http://www.lichnosbeach.gr/
They have also very nice restaurant on the beach, from everything that I have seen it was the best food... By the way, bars in Parga are almost the same everywhere...

GreedyGreen said...

Thanks for your comment didi, although I'd have to disagree on that last sentence, as I find a lot of difference in many of the bars in Parga - everyone will end up with their favourites ones, and the ones they don't like so much. Not been to Lichnos since that Hotel have been re-done, although I don't have a good inpression of them having already had to remove spam advertising from the hotel from one of the other posts on this site. The place does look nice though from the pictures and Lichnos beach itself is a lovely spot with a nice boat taxi ride to and from Parga jetty.